Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perfect day

Shuzhen’s father came on his own fruition to the meeting today (Sunday 3/28), and Dajie prayed by herself for the first time. Mr Lan and his wife were there too, and they seem to be on the brink of getting baptized - Lena and I will be gong to see them on Wednesday with Shuyuan and Qionglin. Br. Zhong invited a brother called Joel from Indonesia, who is already heavily involved in his own church, so I don’t know how far we can go with him, but he said he’d come next week too. He also said he would come to the training in the evening, but pulled out at the last minute because his church was having a meeting about Easter. I had mugged up on tonight’s lesson - on 1 Corinthians 12 - because I was interpreting for Joel, but when he didn’t come, I could just relax and enjoy the lesson having done all my homework - which made it so much better. Oh, and Yuanmei came for lunch today as well. So all in all, it was a perfect day.

One of the good things I said in the afternoon was to encourage Dajie to just pray for what was in her heart, because God knows what you’re thinking anyway. I hope I didn’t offend Liqing when I said that, because she was correcting her older sister when she was praying for her grandson to get into Taida. I told Dajie to just to say what she wanted, but keep praying, and in the end, as she got closer to God she’d pray for what God wanted. I stole that line from something Bo told me a few years ago, but I don’t think he’ll mind.

I talked to Steve on the phone to catch up, and to ask him for advice on a proposal I’m writing. Although we did talk about Christianity, I didn’t argue my case at all. Oh well, we’ll see what happens. May God have mercy on us all.