I went to see Joey on Friday. He asked me to buy him some snacks - anything, chocolate pies, or anything - and I probably should have gone for a nice variety, but I just went for five packs of chocolate pies. Shopping isn’t my specialty.
I talked to Brother Cai Wei today (Saturday) about the new brother, Xu Youxin, who is now in the psychiatric ward at Veteran’s Hospital. Cai Wei also happens to be a doctor, so he was able to give me a medical analysis of the situation - he said I shouldn’t worry, and that Xu’s lupus condition is affecting his psyche. Still, the guy being in hospital so soon after getting baptized is a test for our group, and whether we can help him and his family come through their current problems, in and through the love of Jesus Christ.
Tomorrow is the day of the big shake-up, when we’ll finally find out who is going where. It hasn’t been an easy process but hopefully we’ll come out of it washed clean and ready to serve the Lord afresh.